A hearty soup on a cold winter’s day.
- Fully cooked ham shank, trimmed of fat
- 1 package of dried lentils
- 2 cans beef broth
- 4 cans water, divided
- 1 cup celery
- 1/2 cup leeks, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 each savory, thyme, pepper
- 3 sausages or frankfurters, sliced
Great with corn bread. Freezes well. May need to add water or beef broth after freezing depending on how thick you like it.
Source: Jean Law
More top-rated recipes: