Thai Chicken on the GrillMelissa
- prep time:
- 10 minutes
- cook time:
- 20 minutes
- total time:
- 30 minutes
- other time:
- marinading from 30 minutes to 8 hours
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons peeled grated fresh ginger
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped green scallions
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped roasted, salted peanuts
In a large bowl, combine orange juice, peanut butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, red pepper and scallions. Whisk together and combine well. Set aside about 1/2 cup for dipping and pour the rest into a sealable 1 gallon plastic bag. Add the chicken to the bag and seal it shut. I like to place the bag with the chicken in a bowl in case it leaks. Place the chicken in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes. I typically marinade mine for about7 hours.
When ready, remove the chicken from the bag. Discard the marinade and grill until juices run clear. Remove from grill and place on a serving platter topped with peanuts and cilantro.
I like to serve this with white rice and a summer salad. Don’t forget about the 1/2 cup of marinade you set aside for dipping!