Crab Meat Stuffed MushroomsAngie
This recipe is a easy to fix finger food and cajun favorite!
- 2 dozen large mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2- 6 oz cans crab meat, drained & flaked
- 1 cup seafood stock
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop. Saute onion, garlic, green pepper, celery and mushroom stems in butter until onion is translucent.
Add flour and blend. Add seafood stock and simmer 10 minutes.
Add crab meat, egg and bread crumbs combine until well blended.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stuff the mushroom caps with crab mixture. Sprinkle with additional bread crumbs and cheese.
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.