Chicken and Angel Hair PastaAlyson
Chicken recipe with angel hair pasta is made with chicken breasts, broccoli, garlic, and Parmesan cheese.
- total time:
- 25 minutes
- • 1 Tbsp olive oil
- • 2 tsp butter
- • 3 boneless chicken breast halves cut into 1-inch cubes
- • 1 carrot, sliced on diagonal into
- 1/4-inch thick pieces
- • 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 12 ounces angel hair pasta or linguini
- • 2/3 cup chicken broth
- • 1 tsp dried leaf basil
- • salt and pepper, to taste
- • 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1) Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon butter in skillet over medium heat; add chicken. Cook chicken, stirring, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes.
2) Remove chicken with slotted spoon to paper towels. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon butter to skillet; add carrot and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring for about 2 minutes longer.
3) Cook pasta according to package directions.
4) To the skillet add chicken broth, basil, and Parmesan cheese; stir to blend. Reduce heat; simmer 4 minutes.
5) Drain pasta well; arrange in a serving dish and top with the chicken and vegetable mixture.
We added fresh chopped tomato and red pepper, recommended.