Slow Cooker Chicken StroganoffSarah Kahn Turner
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast frozen
- 1/8 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- optional: 1 pkg sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. butter & 1 Tbsp. olive oil to saute the mushrooms
I threw in 4 large frozen chicken breasts, the can of soup (low fat), the butter, white wine, and a .7 oz package of Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic dip mix. Left it on low all day, then shredded the chicken and added about 2/3 package of low fat cream cheese (that I melted in the microwave with some milk) about 30 minutes before serving. Served it over brown rice and the kids ate it all up and didn’t even realize they were eating brown rice! The one thing is that it doesn’t make much sauce, so if you like things saucier, add some more liquid to it.
Saute the mushrooms with the butter and olive oil until browned. Add to the chicken and sauce mixture. Turn Crockpot to high and let cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
Cook egg noodles according to instructions. Serve chicken and sauce over the egg noodles
All 3 kids which says it all. I liked that it was so easy to prepare.
Source: Sarah Kahn Turner