Honeybaked Ham Bean Soupsarahose
A long-time Labor Day gathering favorite of the Kennedy clan. Even better re-heated after being refrigerated!
- 1 Honeybaked ham bone
- 1 package Josie’s mixed bean soup mix (from Honeybaked Ham store)
- 15-16 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes in sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3-4 ribs celery, sliced
- 3-4 large carrots, sliced 1/4" thick
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 large potatoes, cut into 1 1/2" chunks
- 4 raw chicken breast halves, cut into 1 1/2" chunks
In large stockpot, place ham bone, bean soup mix and water. Bring to a boil and simmer (covered) 1 hour.
Stir in remaining ingredients. Continue simmering (uncovered) for another 1+ hour(s).
Remove ham bone. Cut ham off bone in bite-size pieces - add pieces to soup if desired.
Source: Sarah Ose