This is a great blondie recipe, you can use any type of nut and chocolate chip. My favorite is white chocolate chips with macadamia nuts
- prep time:
- 20 minutes
- cook time:
- 40-45 minutes
- total time:
- 1 hour
- other time:
- Cool completely prior to slicing
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or macadamia nuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brush an 8-inch square baking pan with butter; line pan with a piece of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. Butter paper.
In a large bowl, whisk butter and sugars until smooth. Whisk in egg and vanilla. Add flour and salt; mix just until moistened (do not over mix). Fold in 1/2 cup each chocolate chips and walnuts.
Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and nuts.
Bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Set pan on a wire rack, and let cool completely. Using parchment overhang, lift cake from pan and transfer to a cutting board; cut into 16 squares.
Store blondies in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 2 days.