Alison's Favorite Basil Fruit SaladTina
This recipe packs a rainbow of colors into every serving.
- prep time:
- 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 can (11 or 15 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 red apple, cut into chunks
- 2/3 cup red seedless grapes, halved
Stir together oil, lemon juice, chopped basil, sugar and salt in large bowl until blended.
Add mandarin oranges, pineapple chunks, apple and grapes.
Stir fruit gently to evenly coat with dressing.
Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
Make the night before. Overnight in the refrigerator assures the most flavorful salad.