Shanghai Style FishHollis Weishar
This is a recipe from Mitchell’s Fish Market. You can use any type of fish for this preparation. A rice cooker is helpful. I use mine frequently to make this dish and sushi
- prep time:
- 30 minutes
- cook time:
- 10 minutes
- total time:
- 40 minutes
- 1 piece fish, your choice, 6-8 oz. I like sea bass the best, can use any white fish or salmon
- 1/2 T. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt & pepper
- 1 serving sticky rice (cooked)
- 1 serving blanched fresh spinach
- For the Sauce:
- 2 cups Mirin (Japanese section of market)
- 1.5 cups soy sauce
- 6 T. lemon juice
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- mix in saucepan over low heat
- For garnish:
- 1 tsp. scallions chopped
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
Cook rice and blanch spinach.
Place fish on perforated pan and season with salt, pepper and ginger.
Place in the steamer to cook, each fish will have a different time, check for doneness every 2 minutes.
Place rice in center of a large bowl and surround it with hot spinach.
Set cooked fish on top of rice in the center of the bowl, ladle sauce over top of fish and around the spinach.
Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.