Rude Native Strawberry Jalapeño Chutney with ScallopsJoanne Wotherspoon
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, diced
- 1/4 spanish onion, diced
- 1 tsp jalapeno, seeded, minced, very thin
- 1 tbsp veg. oil (not olive)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 8 - 10 (large) sea scallops, dry
Sauté onion and jalapeño in butter and oil until lightly caramelized. Add vinegar, honey and jam and reduced slightly. Fold in strawberries and heat through (don’t crush). Finish with basil.
In non-sick frying pan, sear scallops at high with veg. oil.
Serve on greens and top with strawberry chutney.
Source: Brett Turnbull