Hamburger Steak With Sweet Onion-Mushroom Gravy
A savory gravy dresses up these quick, skillet-cooked hamburger steaks. Eliminate prep time by keeping prepared beef patties in the freezer for up to three months.
- 2 honey-wheat bread slices
- 1 pound ground round
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (1.2-oz.) envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
Suggestions: To make ahead, proceed with Step 1 as directed. Wrap each patty individually in plastic wrap, and place in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw frozen patties in refrigerator 8 hours; proceed with Steps 2 and 3.
Source: S Living
More top-rated recipes: