Zucchini and Almond Pasta Salad
This works well as a side or an easy main dish - it’s most food groups all in one bowl!
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini (2 to 3, depending on size), halved lenthwise and very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 ounces parmesan thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, well-toasted and cooled (300 degree oven for 7 to 10 minutes, tossing occasionally, usually Toss zucchini slices with one teaspoon salt in a large colander set over a bowl or in sink. Let drain 20 minutes. If they taste too salty to you, rinse and drain them again.
- Stir zucchini, parmesan, almonds and pasta together. Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice, seasoning generously with black pepper and salt to taste. Toss with salad and adjust seasonings to taste. Pack up salad and take it with you to the beach.
- works) *I didn’t actually toast these, and it was still great!
- 1/2 pound pasta of your choice (I use whole wheat spirals) cooked, drained and cooled
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
Source: Mary Gaertner
More top-rated recipes: