Creamy Macaroni and CheeseStephanie
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart milk
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (16 oz) package elbow macaroni, cooked
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in milk. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add cream cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese; stir.
Add macaroni to cheese mixture; stir. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.