Bread Dipping SpiceMyrtis Robertson
Great with pumpernickel bread
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- ·1 tablespoon chopped parsley (Italian is best)
- ·1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ·1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ·1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ·1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or ground sea salt
- ·1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- ·1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ·1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- ·1/8 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Combine all of the ingredients, EXCEPT oil and lemon.
2. Put in a small food processor (I used my little food chopper). Chop briefly until all ingredients are about the same.
3. Stir in oil and lemon juice.
4. TO SERVE: Combine about 1 1/2 teaspoons spice blend to 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil on a small Dish.
5. Dip sliced bread in mixture.
6. French bread is good.
Source: Myrtis Jackson