Warm Southwestern Pasta SaladCarolyn Tierney
I usually double this recipe when I make it. It is a favorite of my son-in-laws and never seems to stick around long!
- 3 cups of bow tie pasta – cooked (when doubled I use the whole box)
- 15 oz. black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4-1/2 c fresh tomato, seeded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (or more to taste)
- 1/2 bunch green onions
- 3 oz. cream cheese (I use the whole 8 oz block when I double this recipe). Warm this in the microwave and then blend with the following ingredients:
- $ Tbsp lemon juice
- 3Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese I use the freshly grated but the canned powdered cheese works OK and it is much less expensive.
You can prepare this salad ahead of time. Mix the dressing separately then refrigerate. I heat the dressing for a few minutes in the microwave and then pour it over the pasta mixture before serving. You can also add diced chicken to the pasta for a main dish.
Source: Aunt Jane Anne