Chunky Chocolate CheeriosJen
- prep time:
- 15 minutes
- cook time:
- 15 minutes
- total time:
- 30 - 35 minutes
- other time:
- Chill for 2-3 hours until firm
- butter to grease
- 200g (7 oz) white chocolate
- 200g (7 oz) plain chocolate
- 75g (2 1/2 oz) crunchy peanut butter
- 75g (2 1/2 oz / 2 1/4 cups) Nestlé Cheerios
1. Line a shallow tin with greased baking parchment.
2. Melt the plain chocolate in a heat proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir until smooth and remove the bowl from the pan.
3. Melt the white chocolate in the same way and remove from the heat. Add the peanut butter to the white chocolate and stir well until smooth.
4. Add 33g (1 cup) of Cheerios to the melted dark chocolate and stir thoroughly until all the hoops are covered with chocolate. Add the remaining Cheerios to the melted white chocolate and do the same.
5. Drop alternate spoonfuls of each chocolate mix into the prepared tin, then tap the tin to level the mixture. Chill for 2-3 hours until firm.
6. Turn out on to a board and break the chocolate into manageable chunks for people to nibble on. Store in the fridge for up to 1 month.
I used silicone muffin/cupcake moulds and divided the mixture evenly which amounted to 9 cupcakes. You don’t need to grease them. Notes * Try and buy good quality chocolate, it can make all the difference in taste. * You can double up on the ngredients