Tomato PieAbbey Prince
- 4 Tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 10 Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 Cup chopped green onion
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shell, baked.
- 1 Cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 Cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper
- Basil to garnish
Preheat oven to 350. Place tomatoes in a colander in the sink in one layer. Sprinkle with salt and allow to drain for 10 minutes (If the tomatoes are still juicy, place tomatoes between layers of paper towels to absorb any remaining moisture). Layer tomato slices, basil and onion in pie shell. Season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, combine grated cheeses and mayonnaise; stir. Spread mixture on top of the tomatoes. Garnish top with additional chopped green onion and basil, if desired. Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve warm.