- 6 pcs egg whites
- 12 oz sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup Nestle Cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 pcs kiwi, removed the skin and sliced to 1/4 inch
- 3 pcs mangoes, cut into cubes
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half or quartered
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp Kirsch
1. Preheat oven to 250F
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Draw an 8” circle on the paper. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of the mixer, put eggwhites, sugar and vinegar. Beat on high speed until stiff but not dry. Fold in the cornstarch.
4. Pour the meringue in the center of the circle drawn on the paper, making sure the meringue keeps within the line.
5. With the back of spoon, spread out the meringue to an even round, making a deep hollow in the center. Bake the meringue in the preheated oven until firm but lightly colored only for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
6. Set aside a few pieces of fruits for decoration. Put the remaining fruits with the sugar and Kirsch. Stir with a wooden spoon to distribute evenly, taking care not to mash the fruits.
7. In another bowl, whip the cream until almost double in volume at medium speed of the mixer. At low speed fold in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
8. To Assemble: Fill the baked and cooled meringue with the cream and fruits about 1 hour before serving.
Source: Baby Nestle Chef Heny Sison