Skor Bits & Caramel Apple DipJenn
WARNING: You will be extremely popular and be bombarded with requests for this recipe when you make it for others! You might never be able to eat an apple on its own ever again after having this dip with your apple slices.
- prep time:
- 15 minutes
- total time:
- 15 minutes
- 1 package of regular or light cream cheese
- Half a cup of brown sugar
- Prepared caramel sauce (ice cream syrup or other caramel sauce for desserts)
- 4 or 5 Skor bars (depending on how many you’re likely to eat during preparation & assembly) or 1 package of Skor bits
- 6 to 8 medium or large apples of any variety (though I highly recommend a few of each colour - Granny Smith apples are outstanding with this dip!)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Bring cream cheese to room temperature and add to a mixing bowl or food processor with the brown sugar. Blend until completely mixed thoroughly and consistency is smooth.
Spread mixture onto a plate and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Chop the Skor bars into small bits and sprinkle over the dip.
(Cover with plastic wrap and refridgerate if not serving right away.)
Cut apples into slices. Drizzle the apple slices with lemon juice and toss until evenly distributed. This will keep the apples from oxidizing (going brown) too quickly.
Dip, devour, and repeat!
This dip is amazing with apples or any other fruit. If you're really daring, experiment dipping with marshmallows or pretzels!