Max & Erma’s Chicken Tortilla Soupkatie
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 cans Cream of Celery Soup
- 2 cans Cream of Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Pace medium picante salsa
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Ortega green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder, more or less to your taste
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped cilantro
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 1 package flour tortillas
- 1/2 pound longhorn style Colby cheese
In a large stock pot combine and whisk together until smooth all eight cans of soup. Add chicken broth. Add tomatoes, salsa, green chilies, onion, garlic, chili powder, salt and Pepper.
Bring all ingredients to a full boil, reduce heat, simmer for 1 hour.
Add cilantro and chicken breast chunks. Simmer another hour.
While soup is simmering, make your soup toppings: Cut flour tortillas into small think strips and deep fry in hot oil until lightly brown. (tortilla chips also an option).
To serve: ladle soup into bowls, top with shredded cheese and tortilla strips. Enjoy.
Source: Max & Erma’s Restaurant