’Money Grubbing Lawyer’ Slow Cooker BBQ Ribskmefstratis
I found this recipe on a blog called ’Money Grubbing Lawyer’. The blogger prefaced the recipe with the following: Let me start by saying that I know I’ll get flack for this recipe from rib purists. I know that real ribs aren’t cooked in a crock pot, or an oven, or in boiling water- they’re gently loved to perfection over low heat on a barbeque. Great BBQ ribs are a thing of lip smacking, bone sucking beauty, and no pansy slow cooker recipe can ever come close. Except, that is, for this recipe. These ribs are ridiculously easy and delicious, and you can easily pop them in the slow cooker before you go to work and come home to a rib feast worthy of the Stonecutters.
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 T Smoked paprika
- 1/2 T kosher Salt
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 2 packs of Harmons baby back ribs (about 3 lbs)
- 1 c regular cola (NOT diet)
- 1/2 c BBQ sauce (your choice!)
1. Combine the first five ingredients to make your rib rub. You could also substitute another rub if you like. Generously rub the ribs and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Cut the ribs into 2-3 bone pieces and layer in your slow cooker. Pour the cola over the ribs, but make sure you don’t wash off all the rub.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Go to work, or read a really long book.
4. After 6-8 hours, the ribs will be fall-off-the-bone tender. Carefully remove from the slow cooker and place them on a baking sheet. Coat with BBQ sauce and broil for 3-5 minutes, just to crisp up the outside a little, then serve!
Source: Internet Blog