Yummy Potato-Leek Soup with Chicken Sausage
So easy to make, and hearty enough to serve as the main course, maybe served with some crusty bread. Can also leave out chicken and use vegetable stock for a vegan meal!
- 5 pounds of fresh leeks
- 1 tablespoon butter (or earth balance, soy substitute, olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon of flour (spelt, wheat, etc).
- 5.5 cups of chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 0.5 lb of red potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 6 - 8 ounces of chicken sausage (cooked, cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
Dear Liza and Garrett - we couldn't be happier for you both, you make the perfect couple in so many ways! Love you, Kelley and Greg
Source: Kelley Buechel Badishkanian
More top-rated recipes: