Lots of Seafood ChowderKatie
- 6 oz slab bacon, cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups clam broth or juice
- 4 white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb shucked clams
- 1/2 lb haddock, cut into 3/4 in chunks
- 1/2 lb Maine shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/2 lb scallops
- 1/2 lb shucked oysters
- 4 cups half-and-half
In a large stockpot over medium heat, cook the bacon until browned.
Add the butter and onions, and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the flour and stir until well combined.
Add 2 to 3 cups broth.
Then add the potatoes, thyme, pepper, and salt and bring to a simmer. Cook until the potatoes are almost fork tender, about 10 minutes.
Add the clams, haddock, shrimp, scallops, and oysters and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the half-and-half and heat through (do not bring to a boil or the chowder will curdle). When finished add parsley and serve.
Source: Carol Kopil