Home-made Elvis Burgerrasha
The KING is truely back!
- 1 Dried Red Chili or 1 tsp of dried chili flakes
- 1 Red Onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Spring of Fresh Tarragon, chopped
- 1 Large Free-Range Egg
- 2 Tbsp Freshly Grated Parmesan
- 1 Handful of Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Dijon or Grainy Mustard
- 1 Pinch of Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Kg Minced Beef (half lean meat, and half regular)
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 Burger Buns (with sesame on top)
- Oil for pan frying
In a large mixing bowl, put all the the ingredients and combine with your hands so that everything is incorporated nicely.
In the palm of your hand, place a handful of the meat mixture and shape into a ball. Then flatten the meat ball with both hands so that you give it the circular burger shape.
In a pan, heat the oil and then place your patties. Cook your patties on both sides under they are cooked to your liking.
Suggestions: Place 2 strands of Gorgonzola on each patty and put them in the oven until the cheese melts. Put some mustard, mayo and ketchup on your burger bun, topped with nice crisp arugula and a round of tomato. Add some caramelized onion and then layer your lovely juicy burger with melted Gorgonzola on top of all of that and you will see why its called the Elvis Burger!
*To quickly make some caramelized onions, slice the onions and put them in a pan with heated oil and a nob of butter until they caramelize