This is tender, delicious and easy to make for two. By the time Mark gets home it will be ready to eat.
- 2 Round or Rib eye steaks
- Cooking oil
- dash garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper (optional)
- 1 cup beef broth or wine
- 14 oz can (any type) tomatoes
- 2 - 4 potatoes peeled and quartered
1. Use round steak or rib eye. Brown on both sides in a lightly oiled pan. Season. Add garlic, sliced onions, green peppers etc. if desired. I usually leave the green peppers out because they can overpower the other flavors.
2. Add 1/2 to 1 cup liquid such as broth, juice or wine. I use canned tomatoes, whole diced or crushed and just dump the whole can in. I also use peeled quartered potatoes (cut depending on size)
3. Cover and simmer on stove top in original oiled pan about 1 1/4 hours.
4. When finished the meat should be fork tender and absolutely delicious.
Source: Grandma Ruth