Quinoa Salad with dried cherries and toasted sunflower seedsKathleen Holian
I first ate this salad at a restaurant here in Boca Raton and loved its hearty texture and freshness. I have redone it a bit, adding sunflower seeds and swapping in dried cherries. This is really a loose recipe, have your fun with it.
- 1 box quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 large tomato
- 10 romaine lettuce leaves, sliced into ribbons
- 1/2 large cucumber
- 3/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup good honey
- zest of one small lime lime
- juice of 2 small limes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Cut tomato in half and remove seeds, squeezing a bit to release the liquid. Cut into small dice.
Peel cucumber. Cut cucumber lengthwise and, using a spoon, scoop out the seeds. Cut into small dice.
Combine quinoa with all other ingredients and toss. Add sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
Mix lime juice, zest and honey. While whisking add in the olive oil.
Pour over the quinoa salad and toss again thoroughly.
Garnish with mint leaves
Source: Kathleen Holian