Oven-Fried chicken with AlmondsTracey
Incredibly flavorful and surprisingly healthy!
- prep time:
- 10 minutes
- cook time:
- 25 minutes
- total time:
- 35 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Preheat oven 400 degrees.
In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, almonds, parsley, garlic, salt, thyme, and pepper. Mix throughly.
Place the oil in a cup. Brush the chicken with the olive oil, then coat in breadcrumb mixture and place in a shallow baking pan.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until juices run clear.
Source: The South Beach Diet Cookbook