Rosemary Roasted Nugget PotatoesMegan Ryan
- 20 pink nugget potatoes
- 1 tbsp of rosemary
- 4 tbsp of beef fat dripping at room temperature. Use olive oil if you don’t have fat dripping.
1. Set oven to 450F.
2. Bring a big pot of water to boil.
3. Using a brush, clean the potatoes while rinsing them under water.
4. Put the potatoes and 4 tbsp of coarse salt (yes, 4 tbsp!) into the boiling water. Cook the potatoes until they are fork tender. This took about 15 minutes for me.
5. While the potatoes are being cooked, make the rosemary salt. Put equal amount of rosemary and coarse salt (that is 1 tbsp each of rosemary and salt) into a mortar and pestle. Pound the rosemary and salt until they become very fine.
6. Right after the potatoes are done cooking, remove the water. Cut the potatoes into halves or quarter them if needed.
7. While the potatoes are hot, season them with the rosemary salt and fat. Make sure each potato is coated with the seasoning. Put in freshly ground pepper.
8. Layer the potatoes in a baking dish. Make sure the potatoes are placed in only one layer. If the potatoes don’t have enough room, they won’t brown evenly.
9. Roast the potatoes in the hot oven for 1/2 hour.
Source: Food Gawker