Rigatoni and Alder -- Smoked ChickenRobyn Carter
- prep time:
- 20 minutes
- cook time:
- 15 minutes
- total time:
- 40 minutes
- 1 package Rigatoni pasta, cooked
- 12 oz. lightly smoked chicken breast or dark meat
- 1/2 oz. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. shallots
- 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 4 T. sun dried cranberries
- 4 T. toasted hazelnuts (coarsely ground)
- 1 bunch fresh spinach (chopped)
- 2 fl. oz. white wine
- 3/4 c. chicken stock
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 c. Parmesan
Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Sautè chicken in olive oil with the shallots and garlic over moderate heat.
Add hazelnuts and cranberries.
Deglaze the pan with white wine and chicken stock. Reduce to half.
Add cream and simmer to reduce slightly and develop flavors.
Add hot pasta and spinach, salt and pepper, toss and heat thoroughly.
Put in warm pasta bowls and top with Parmesan cheese and hazelnuts.