Crumble Cake with Ham and BroccoliEmma Hammarsten
This is another good way of making pie, without the crust and with crumbs on top instead. This is quite uncommon for food pies, but in Sweden the crumbs are often used on apple pies and similar.
- 150 g smoked ham (5 oz.)
- 400 g broccoli (14 oz.)
- 2 dl grated cheese (7 fl oz.), or according to taste
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 dl light cream (15%), or similar (8.5 fl oz.)
- 1 dl milk (3.4 fl oz.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 2 dl wheat flour (7 fl oz.)
- 50 g butter (1.8 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Put the oven on 200° C (390°F).
2. Cut the ham into cubes. Boil the broccoli in lightly salted water until it’s almost done. Let the water drain off.
3. Put both ham and broccoli into a buttered pie dish. Put appropriate amount of cheese on top.
4. Mix eggs, light cream, milk, salt and pepper and pour it onto the pie. Put in the oven for 15 min.
5. In the mean time, mix butter, flour and water into crumbs. I like to melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir it all together with a electric mixer.
6. Sprinkle the crumbs over the pie and bake for approximatley another 20 min.