Pineapple Salad SabrosoRick Jelovsek
Tangy pineapple salad or appetizer on lettuce leave
- prep time:
- 20 minutes
- 1 md fresh pineapple; cut in
- 1/2- 3/4 " chunks
- 3 tb chopped cilantro (fresh)
- 1 tb chopped mint leaves (was 2
- 1 tb chopped chives
- 0.5 ts salt (was 1 tsp)
- 1 ts hot sauce (Texas Pete,
- 3 tb vinegar (white or unseasoned rice)
- 1 tb white wine that will be paired
- 6 lg Boston lettuce
In a tossing bowl, combine vinegar, wine, salt and hot sauce. Add chopped cilantro, mint and chives. Add the pineapple that has been cut into small cubes and toss with the vinegarette. Let pineapple sit in refrigerator for about 1 hour or more before serving (can marinate over night).
Serve on leaves of Boston lettuce with fresh mint and cilatntro garnish.
This recipe can also be used as an appetizer on Belgian endive lettuce leaves.
Source: Rick Jelovsek