Lighter Chicken Enchiladas
Pan-steaming is a smart way to cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Gentle heat and moisture keep the meat juicy and tender without any added fat.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced canned chipotles in adobo
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
Consider adding beans to mixture for a low-fat way to make the recipe feed a few more mouths.
Source: Everyday Food
More top-rated recipes: