Hello Dolly squaresSarah
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (150 grams) graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/3 cups (90 grams) sweetened flaked or shredded coconut
- 1 cup (170 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (100 grams) chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 - 14 ounce (396 grams) can of sweetened condensed milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place the rack in the center of the oven. Have ready a 9 x 9 inch (23 x 23 cm) square baking pan.
Melt the butter and pour it into the bottom of your pan. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the butter. Sprinkle the coconut over the crumbs. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the coconut. Sprinkle the nuts over the chocolate chips. Finally, drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over all the ingredients. Do not mix the ingredients together, just layer them.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the squares comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. These bars can be frozen.
Source: Joy of Baking