COUSCOUS, MOROCCAN-STYLEWendy Smith
This delicious one-pot dish, with its blend of exotic Moroccan flavors, is great for busy families.
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or a mixture of half orange juice and half water)
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- 1 cup couscous (whole wheat or regular)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios or pine nuts
1. In a small saucepan over high heat, bring the broth, cumin, coriander, and ginger, if using, to a boil. Stir in the couscous, green onions, cranberries, and pistachios.
2. Remove the pan from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
190 calories per serving, 34.1 g carbohydrate, 5.2 g fiber, 6 g protein, 4.3 g fat (0.4 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 137 mg potassium, 2 mg iron, 30 mg calcium
Recipe doubles or triples easily. Keeps for up to 3 days in the refrigerator; reheats well. Freezes well for up to 2 months
Source: Norene’s Healthy Kitchen