Provencal Potato SaladMelissa
- total time:
- 1 hour
IngredientsFrench Potato Salad
- 1 pound small white boiling potatoes
- 1 pound small red boiling potatoes
- 2 tablespoons good dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced scallions (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 pound haricots verts, stems removed
- 1 recipe French Potato Salad (see recipe)
- 1 6-ounce can Italian tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup capers, drained
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 1/2 cup good black olives, pitted
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and quartered (optional)
- 6 anchovy fillets (optional)
Drop the white and red potatoes into a large pot of boiling salted water and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until they are just cooked through.
Drain in a colander and place a towel over the potatoes to allow them to steam for 10 more minutes. As soon as you can handle them, cut in half (quarters if the potatoes are larger) and place in a medium bowl. Toss gently with the wine and chicken stock. Allow the liquids to soak into the warm potatoes before proceeding.
Combine the vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion. Add the vinaigrette to the potatoes. Add the scallions, dill, parsley, basil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and toss. Serve warm or at room temperature.
In a pot of boiling salted water, blanch the haricots verts for 3 to 5 minutes, until barely tender. Drain and immerse into ice water for 5 minutes. Drain again.
In a large bowl, combine the haricots verts with the potato salad, tuna, capers, tomatoes, onions, olives, eggs, and anchovy fillets. Serve at room temperature.
Source: Barefoot Contessa