The pesto stays vibrant in color and flavor for at least a week; after that, it will darken but will still taste great for another week. Stir the sauce well before using it.
- 2 jalapeño chiles
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup roasted salted macadamia nuts or roasted salted peanuts
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Lasts 2 weeks in the refrigerater.
More top-rated recipes: