Bravo’s Insalata Della Casaamber.stanley
From the Kitchen of Amber Stanley
- 3/4 c Helman’s mayo
- 1/5 c sour cream
- 1/3 c buttermilk
- 2 small packets (.4 oz each) of Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 1/4 t red wine vinegar
- 3-4 green onions, diced
- 3 t grated Parmesan/Romano cheese blend
- 1/4 T dried chives
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 head of iceberg lettuce, diced
- 1 heart of romaine, diced (ratio of iceberg to romaine is 60:40)
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (I used one entire carton of Campari tomatoes)
- Bacon bits
- Parmesan/Romano cheese blend
- Fried won ton strips
Combine dressing ingredients. Refrigerate overnight.
Slice won ton skins into thin strips. Deep fry, or fry in a pan of corn oil over medium-high heat until won tons are golden brown. Allow to cool on paper towels. This can be done several days in advance. Store in airtight container. Just before serving, combine iceberg, romaine, cucumber, tomato, 1/2 T Parmesan cheese blend, and all of the dressing.
Tower mixture on the center of a cold plate. Top with desired amount of Parmesan cheese blend, bacon bits and fried won tons.
Put the plates in the freezer before plating for an authentic touch.
Source: Amber Stanley