Slow Cooker Whip Up French DipsBrandi Nicole Cheairs
I found this recipe in Better Home & Gardens Essential Slow Cooker 2009 magazine.
- 1-3 to 3 1/2 lb boneless beef bottom round roast
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 lg sweet onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2-14 oz cans seasoned beef broth with onion
- 1-.6 oz envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 to 8 hoagie buns, split and toasted
Trim fat from meat. In a large skillet, brown roast on all sides in hot oil; drain off fat. Place onions in slow cooker. Place meat on top of onions. In a bowl, whisk together broth, gravy mix, and pepper. Pour over meat. Cover; cook on low heat setting for 10 to 11 hours or on high heat setting for 5 to 6 hours. Transfer meat to a cutting board. Slice meat across the grain and return to slow cooker to keep warm. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat and onions and serve on hoagie buns. Serve with bowls of the cooking juice for dipping purposes. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Source: Brandi Nicole Cheairs