macaroni grill focaccia breadkatie
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
When I make this I put it all in my bread machine in the above order and set it to a 1 1/2 pound white bread loaf. I let it mix right up until it’s time for it to start baking and then I take it out (it should show in your breadmaker instructions how long it mixes before it starts baking). After taking it out, cover it with olive oil. Set it on a pan (I use an 8 inch round cake pan) and spinkle it with kosher salt and a little rosemary. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes (or until browned). Serve with olive oil and fresh ground pepper for dipping.
Here’s how to make it without a bread maker:
1. yeast + 1/4 c. warm water, wait 10 min.
2. Add flour, salt, sugar, oil knead like heck.
3. Add the herbs & pepper and knead some more.
4. Let rise an hour or so in an oiled, covered bowl in a warm place.
5. Punch down, let rise another hour.
6. Cover with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and rosemary.
7. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes (or till browned)