Spaghetti with Olives and Bread Crumbskathleen
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup seasoned dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 t. sea salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 3/4 cup pitted and roughly chopped black olives (kalamata
- 3/4 cup pitted and roughly chopped large green olives
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the
pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but
still firm to the bite.
2. Meanwhile in a large sauté pan, heat the oil over
medium-high heat. Add the breadcrumbs and 1/4 teaspoon each
of the sea salt and pepper. Stirring constantly, cook the
breadcrumbs until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
3. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
Stir the pasta into the bread crumb mixture. Remove the
pan from the heat and add the black and green olives. Add
the parmesan cheese. Season the pasta with salt and pepper
taste. Gently toss to coat, adding reserved pasta water,
if needed to loosen the pasta. Serve.