Pollo Tropical Chicken - Copycat RecipeShari
Florida’s yummy latin chicken take out restraunt copycat recipe.
- 2 pounds cut up chicken, your favorite pieces.
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, mashed into a paste.
- 4 cups of sour orange/bitter orange juice.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilanto leaves
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leave
Rub the chicken with the garlic and spices, then set them in a bath of the orange and pineapple juice. Marinate for at least 4 hours, overnite is great. If you cant find sour/bitter orange juice, substitute equal parts of orange and lime juice.
Cook on your grill and baste with left over marinade. Be sure to throughly cook after last basting.
Serve with rice and black beans.