Asparagus FrittataJennifer Wizbowski
Warm and oozing with cheese this is great for a company breakfast or shower with the girls
- total time:
- 1 hour
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 lb jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces. Blanche asparagus in boiling water 3-8 minutes until crisp tender. Drain immediately and plunge into ice water. Set aside.
3. Heat butter or oil into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Put onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add green onions and parsley and cook for a few minutes longer. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add cooked onions and garlic, asparagus, cheeses and salt and pepper.
4. Pour egg mixture in to a 3 quart baking dish and bake in the middle of a 350 degree over for 35 minutes or until frittata is set.
serve warm cold or at room temperature
Girly food at its best!