Mini FrittatasApril Way
can be made with any combo of veggies or breakfast meats
- 2 whole eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 10-ounce packages of frozen spinach (about 15 ounces total)
- 2 small yellow onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Microwave spinach for 3 minutes, or until partially thawed.
3. In a medium sized saute pan, heat olive oil, garlic and onions until fragrant and translucent.
4. Add spinach and salt and saute on medium high heat until spinach is heated through (about 5 minutes).
6. In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy and approximately doubled in size.
7. Using butter or cooking spray, grease a muffin tin generously.Â Divide spinach mixture and cheese into eight muffin molds. Fill to 3/4 full. Pour egg mixture over spinach so that each cup is nearly full.
8. Bake for 30 minutes, or until eggs are set and slightly browned on the tops.
Source: April Way