Baked French Toast with ApplesKaren
Delicious WW breakfast recipe!
- 2 eggs (or egg beaters)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread, cubed (the higher the fiber the better!)
- 2 small apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons reduced calorie margarine
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 5x3 loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs; blend in the milk, 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon.
Add the bread cubes and apples, stirring gently; let stand until the bread absorbs all of the liquid, 2-3 minutes.
To make the topping, in a small bowl, combine with a fork the flour, the remaining 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, the margarine and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
Divide the bread mixture between the two pans; sprinkle with the topping. Bake until golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Cool slightly and serve warm!
Cal: 223 Fat: 5 Fiber: 3 WW Points: 4