Jerk Chicken Pastajosh
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4-5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon herbs, of your choice, rosemary, marjoram, oregano
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 stalk asparagus
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, pieces and stems
- 3 tablespoons parsley, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces bow-tie pasta
1. Melt butter in skillet over medium/low heat and add garlic.
2. When garlic becomes fragrant add cayenne pepper and chicken (already cut up into small strips/slices or whole), increase heat.
3. Cook until chicken is cooked to preferred tenderness. Remove chicken from pan, leaving the butter/garlic/cayenne mix.
4. In a separate deep pan, fill pan 1/4 full of water. Place a drainer on top of the pan, add asparagus (cut up into 1 inch pieces). Cover. Steam for 5-10 minutes.
5. In a separate deep pan, cook bow-tie pasta according to the package directions. Set aside.
6. In a cup stir together half-and-half, chicken broth, and corn starch. Pour into skillet chicken was cooked inches
7. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, then simmer for 3 minutes, constantly stirring.
8. Stir in the parsley, herbs, mushrooms, and asparagus for 3-5 minutes to heat through and allow flavors to blend.
9. Add chicken to heat through.
10. Add pasta and stir to heat through.
Source: Bahama Breeze