Chicken with Puttanesca SauceMandy
South Beach Diet Phase 2
- total time:
- 30 min
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 large boneless, skinless, thin-sliced chicken breast cutlets (4-oz each)
- Salt and black pepper
- 6 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 c. kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 Tbs capers, drained
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh basil
- 8 ounces whole-wheat pasta
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Warm 2 tsp of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Season cutlets with salt and pepper; add to hot pan and cook 2 minutes, until browned. Flip; cook 20 seconds. Transfer cutlets to a baking sheet; cove with foil and place in oven to keep warm.
Add remaining 2 tsp of oil to the same skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 10 seconds, stirring. Add tomatoes, olives, capers, and pepper flakes and bring to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes, until slightly thickened, stirring to break up tomatoes. Stir in lemon juice and basil.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Toss with tomato sauce; serve with cutlets.
Nutritional Information: 496 calories 13 g fat (2 g sat) 74 mg cholesterol 57 g carbohydrates 38 g protein 11 g fiber 1003 mg sodium
Source: South Beach Diet