Snappy Crunchy Vegan Coleslaw Recipeheather
- 2 Heaping Cups Chilled Cabbage- Ideally, Some Green and Some Purple- Shredded Thin
- 1 Tart or Sweet apple, Peeled, Julienned (I used this Nifty Julienne Peeler)
- 1 Smallish Carrot, Julienned
- Half a Smallish Red Onion, Sliced Thin
- 1/4 Cup Golden Raisins- or Dried Cranberries
- 3-4 Tablespoons Light and Grassy EVOO as Needed
- 1 Tablespoon Champagne Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar, to Taste
- 1-2 teaspoons Agave Nectar, to Taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Caraway Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Dill
- A Small Pinch of Cumin
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper, to Taste
Toss the shredded cabbage, apple, carrot, red onion and golden raisins into a large bowl and stir to mix.
Drizzle with the olive oil- enough to coat, but don’t drown it.
Sprinkle with vinegar, agave nectar, caraway, dill, cumin, sea salt and pepper, to taste.
Toss to coat.
Taste test- does it need more oil?
A tad more caraway?
Adjust the seasoning.