A family favorite. A gourmet dish on a limited budget.
- 1 pound ground chuck or beef, browned and drained
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 8-ounce can mushrooms stems and pieces (do not drain)
- 1 10.5-ounce can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes or minced fresh parsley
- 1 8-ounce package egg noodles, cooked and drained
Saute onion and garlic in oil on medium heat until tender. Add ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and liquid and cook 5 minutes. Add undiluted cream of celery soup and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Heat the sour cream by adding small amounts of the cooked beef mixture until heated, then add back to the beef mixture. Add parsley. Cook just until heated through. Serve over noodles.
Source: Grandma Passer