- prep time:
- 10 min
- total time:
- 20 min
- 1 (15-oz.) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 (10-oz.) can red enchilada sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh, refrigerated salsa
- cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup (2-oz.) crumbled queso fresco or queso anejo (see notes)
Preheat oven to 375.
In a medium bowl, partially mash beans with a fork. Add corn, Jack cheese, 1/3 cup cilantro, and 1/4 cup enchilada sauce.
In another bowl, combine the remaining enchilada sauce and salsa.
Lightly coat a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Pour 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce mixture in bottom of dish.
Warm tortillas in microwave according to package instructions. Spoon about 1/3 cup bean mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Arrange tortillas seam side down in baking dish; top with remaining enchilada sauce mixture and crumbled queso. Bake for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
queso fresco is slightly salty and good for melting; sharply flavored queso anejo is crumbly. Shredded Mexican cheese can be subbed for either.
Source: Unknown Magazine