Karla’s Luscious Lasagnakarla johnson
A good hearty lasagna recipe to have!
- 1 lb. pkg. beef/veal/pork mixture
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. chopped parley (flat-leaf style)
- 1 T. dried basil or 1/4 c. minced fresh
- 1 14 1/2 oz. can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 10 oz. lasagna noodles
- 15 oz. container lite ricotta cheese
- 10 oz. container cottage cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 T. chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. shredded mozarella cheese
- salt & pepper
- additional parmesan for topping
In a large saucepan cook meat till brown; drain fat. Add garlic, 1 T. each of parley and basil, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste to the meat. Bring just to a boil then reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes or till thickened. Meanwhile, cook the noodles, drain and rinse with cold water. drain again. In a bowl combine cottage & ricotta cheeses, eggs, remaining parsley, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese then salt & pepper mixture.
Arrange noodles in a 3 qt. rectangular baking dish. Spread cheese mixture over the noodles and sprinkle with some of the mozzarella. Spoon some of the meat next and repeat to get 3 layers total. Cover dish loosely with foil.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or till heated thru. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with the add’l parmesan.